There's a new game in town
Lack of shallow sea makes it difficult to develop picigin, a sport that has so far had two World Cups and is played in shallow water, while standing. Therefore, in Pučišća they invented “deep picigin” or “dubicigin” which gave this sport new – depth.
Rules of dubicigin:
– Object of the game is not to let the ball go into the sea.
– Dubicigin is played with a small ball (size of a fist, the smaller the better).
– It is played at least 10 meters from the coast so that no player can not touch the bottom of the sea.
– There are six (6) players (dubiciginaš) distant from each other enough to touch the fingertips when they stretch their hands while forming a circle (the quality of the game is better when the circle is as small as possible).
– If the ball falls into the sea, the player responsible for the mistake is eliminated from the game.
– Furthermore, in order to prevent foul play, all players take a vote on who is responsible for the mistake that led to the fall of the ball into the sea and then eliminate them from the game.
– In every round, one player is out of the game and it goes like that until there are two – it’s the grand finale.
– He who remains the last, is the winner.
Frequently asked questions
Ok, so I got to the island. What now?
Ah, our favourite question. 🙂 Here are just some ideas!
We’ve gathered only the best of the best restaurants, taverns, farms etc. to give you the opportunity to enjoy only the best island food, made from fresh, local ingredients. Check out our selection at gastronomy section of our website.
Do as locals do – eat well, sleep well! Again, only the best of Brač accommodation awaits you on our website, gathered under Accommodation section. Feel like royalty while you’re here!
#3 HAVE FUN.
There’s so much to see and do, all around Croatia, this truly amazing country. But, there’s even more of this awesomeness on island Brač! Here you’ll find dragons, Hercules, night sailing, poetry reading, electric dancing, graffiti painting, and that doesn’t even begin to cover it! So, here’s an idea. Browse through or culture section, plan some morning activities, go swimming in some of our beautiful villages, and the check the calendar to plan your night!
#4 AND MORE FUN.
You want more? Glad to hear it, cause there’s always something else to do on Brač! Choose your adventure, book a boat, safari tour, sightseeing or something more dangerous – Brač has it all!
#5 GET BRAČ PASS.
To enjoy yourself to the fullest, get yourself a copy of Brač Pass – interactive tour guide, with lots of discounts, interesting facts and prizes you can win!
* For getting around the island, we suggest using the local transportation. Click here for online booking with a discount!
I really want to visit Brač! How do I do that?!
Brač is an island which can be reached by sea and air. Here are some basics.
BY SEA ///
There are two ferry lines connecting Brač with a land.
First is in Supetar, connecting Brač with Split, and the second is on Sumartin, connecting Brač with Makarska. There is a third port that can be reached by regular local boat lines, and that is Bol, on the south part of the island. Here, you can reach Brač from Split, or from a neighbouring island Hvar. More information about ferry lines and timetables you may find here.
Also, if you own or rent boats, you may just sail into any place on island Brač. We suggest Brač Deluxe for transfers!
BY AIR ///
Brač has its own small airport, situated in the middle of the island. More and more flights are introduced each year, and all the necessary information you may find on the airport’s website. If you need transportation from the airport to any other place on the island, may we suggest contacting some of the #bestofbrac service providers, such as Taxi Peša, Brač Deluxe, Rent a Motorino or M&B rent. Check them out!
Once you’re on the island, rent a car, use taxis or local transportation. For online booking with discount, click here.
All the emergency numbers you might need but we hope you won’t!
POLICIJSKA POSTAJA BRAČ // POLICE STATION BRAČ
Mladena Vodanovića 25 – 21 400 Supetar
+385 21 631 145 / 112
DOM ZDRAVLJA SUPETAR, HITNA POMOĆ // HOSPITAL, ER
Mladena Vodanovića 24 – 21 400 Supetar
+ 385 21 630 959
HRVATSKA GORSKA SLUŽBA SPAŠAVANJA // CROATIAN MOUNTAIN RESCUE SERVICES